Monday, June 11, 2012

Randall Silvis: Reflection

I like this work.  It outlines some simple steps that sound hard to do, but that make sense for all writers to follow.  The first four steps could be summed up: We have to go out into the world to experience, learn, and then write about it.  From there, he goes on to explain different aspects of the writer's career that I haven't thought about before.  Each step is carefully explained to include creativity and open-mindedness, the arts of poverty and breaking rules, and humility among others.  It's a very useful piece of work that I'd like to keep somewhere I can glance at each morning, just to remind myself of the things I should be doing but for some reason am not.


Idida Z. Casado

1 comment:

  1. Hi Idida,

    I agree that the steps are simple and make sense, though at times can be hard. I like the way that you summed up the steps too. You boiled it down to the basics.

    Kayla Santos

    ReplyDelete