Sunday, June 3, 2012

Being Brians

I thought it was brave of Doyle to write to all of those other Brians, and was quite surprised to hear that there were so many. Even though we don't hear a lot from our Brian Doyle, he balances his and the voices of the other Brians very well. We don't get lost in them and they are organized in a way that ties them all together. Each piece of the letters we hear from also does its job showing the reader the humanity and realness of each Brian. We get to read about their wives, children, careers, achievements and more just from those excerpts. I think some admiration goes to our Doyle here for combing through each letter and choosing the most poignant aspects of each one. I'm sure there was so much more that he could have included in this piece, but he uses just enough to engage the reader and make them want to know more.

Just as others have mentioned in their blog posts, I couldn't resist googling my name as well. I didn't expect there to be any other JustYne's... and there were none (but plenty of Justins and a few Justines). The results that came up were Facebook, OrgSync, gmail, and even this blog. Still, it was interesting to see for myself the electronic footprint I have left in the World Wide Web.

However, when I checked the Switchboard site Doyle says he used, apparently I don't exist... hmmm.



Justyne Marin

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed with a unique name. My name is not common in Korea either, and I like my name. As long as you stay as yourself, your name truly stand out.

    Hae-Lim Lee

    ReplyDelete