Monday, June 11, 2012

I have most of these criteria already.

I will make it short. My dad always tells me that I am crazy. Then he compares me to one of the most successful writers of Korea, saying that I will be like him someday. Should I consider this as a compliment or criticism? Well, after reading this piece, I decided to take it as a compliment.
Surprisingly, I have most of these characteristics already. My life was an epic roller coaster with little money, I started reading when I was 2, mastered Korean reading at age 5 and always used my crazy memory to remember and recreate things for my world of stories in my head. I daydream for at least 12 hours a day and am always hungry. I just need to graduate, get a job and live my life. Am I not ready to become a real writer?

Hae-Lim Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment